Custom roofing quote
Reasons for Roof Replacement
The Chicago-area climate is hard on your roof. Winter’s heavy snow, sleet, rain and winds can destroy a roof, while the summer’s hot sun causes damage as well. Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t give much thought to their roofs until they realize they have a problem, like leaking or missing shingles.
Here are a few of the issues that may cause you to undertake a roofing project:
- Roof leaks can allow moisture to enter your home, leading to mold and other water damage problems.
- Algae growth and staining, if left untreated, can wreak havoc and actually destroy your roof.
- The formation of rotting on your roof can signify severe problems, including damage to rafters and ceilings.
- Damage caused by falling objects such as tree branches is usually minor; however, if not repaired immediately, the damage can get much worse.
- Heat leaking from you roof in the winter can result in high utility bills; repairing or replacing a roof keeps you warmer, lowers your bills and helps conserve energy.
Expert Replacement and Installation
The lifespan of a typical asphalt roof in the Chicago area is about 20 years. However, all roofs are different, depending on the craftsmanship and materials used by the roofing contractor. At Erdmann, a premier installation company, our craftsmen specialize in the installation of shingles, cedar, shakes, tile and slate. We offer a wide variety of roofing products to suit your taste and budget. Best of all, we proudly offer a LIFETIME Workmanship Warranty!
Our roofing contractor services include:
- Flashing installation
- Roofing replacement
- Shingle replacement
If you need some ornamental sheet metal work … look no further. Our sheet metal specialists can install a new copper standing seam roof or new copper brick flashing.
Erdmann Exteriors & Construction is an Illinois licensed roofing contractor. Our license number is 104.004670.
a new roof?
Schedule a complimentary no-obligation in-home consultation.